'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.'
'Our' children have been given to us by God. He has entrusted us to raise them, teach them, and provide for them the way he desires for us to. I have felt led to homeschool our children for about a year now. Justin didn't feel that same calling so we have been discussing it off and on since I first brought it up. I am not going to lie, we have argued about it a lot as well, I believe that throughout this whole thing we have misunderstood each other and also just plain disagreed on some things. I am a very stubborn woman and at times it is very hard for me to be submissive to my husband. I really do try! I was really struggling because I felt called by God to homeschool but my husband didn't. It broke my heart. I have never felt called to do something but not been about to do it before. So, for months I just shoved it out of my mind and tried to ignore it and sent Trinity to school. Well, for a few months now it has been so pressed upon my heart, x10 compared to last year that I couldn't ignore it. Justin and I discussed it and yes he has his doubts but we are going to give it a try. He has more of a peace about it this year and I am so thankful and feel such a blessing that he is very supportive now. I am very excited about what homeschooling has to offer for our family, and our children. I believe that God wants this for us and he will bless it! I have so many reasons I believe that God wants us to homeschool but my #1 reason is just that I feel led to. Some may not think that is very important but I heard someone once say that if you feel called by God to do something you will never find as much joy in anything else but what God want for you! I know God has so many amazing things planned for our family and I am excited about sharing those things with you as they come!
Reasons I want to homeschool (other then feeling called by God, which is all that matters.)
1. I want their #1 influence to be there dad and I. If they are with someone else more them they are with us, how can we be that #1 example? Luke 6:40
2. I don't want to look back and think or regret not spending enough time with our children. 4 hours a day is NOT enough time with and FOR them! They will spend more time with someone else then with me and I am not okay with that!
3. More family time! They can learn the true value of family. They will grow up close and take care of each other and learn from each other as well.
4. I don't believe that just because the 'world' says something is best for my children (school) that means it is automatically true. I answer only to MY God and he alone knows what is best!
5. Freedom for our children to learn at their own pace, without being labeled as either slow or gifted.
6. Freedom for our children to pursue their own passions.
7. Gives us more time to give them individualized attention.
8. As their Momma, no one is more committed to my children's success then I am!
9. Our days can be focused around learning and honoring God in our learning.
10. There are so many opportunities for our children in homeschooling. They will not be missing out on all the things public school offers. They will be gaining so much more, things public schools do not offer at all and in some cases offers the opposite!