We got to go on a Marriage Retreat two weekends ago. It was so nice for the two of us to get away. Of course, I LOVE my babies and love having them around all the time but I also believe it is so important for you and your spouse to have time alone as well. And when you have four kids that is a bit harder at times. It was so nice to get away from the house & our responsibilities at home as well. I love my hubby SO much and getting closer and closer to him in our marriage and as friends is so important to me so I am so glad we got to go.
I love this man and I have been concentrating on how to be a better wife for him. I am learning that being close to God is the #1 thing I can to to strengthen my marriage. And as I strengthen my marriage I become a better parent as well.
At the marriage retreat my Pastor said something that really stuck with me. 'The best thing you can do as a parent is to love your spouse.' I absolutely believe that. And the love you have to have is the love you can only get from God. Gods unconditional love. Gods love is perfect. We can never have perfect love but the closer we are to God the more our love looks like His!
My Goals as this amazing mans wife...
* To love him unconditionally, as God loves me. No matter what he does or doesn't do, my love is about what I can do for him, as his loving wife. Not what he can do for me.
* To try and keep the house in order more then I do. I know I fail in so many ways in this area and I want to try harder. He works hard, outside the home so I don't have to so I want this home, our home to be a sanctuary as much as possible. Somewhere he can go, relax and not worry about what needs to be done.
* To try and keep the kids in order and quieter. They are going through a 'stage' (that lasts like 15 years) where they yell and scream and fight ALL the time. I don't want him to have to stress when he comes home or after he has slept. I want him to have a peaceful home with children that are excited to see him and love on him, quietly if possible, lol.
* I want him to have time to dream, to be the man he has always been. I want him to have the freedom to do the things he loves and to enjoy time for himself.
* Which means that I need to help financially. I really want to help. I have been praying about some ways I can help financially and trying to figure out what God would have me do to help. Not sure how this will go yet...
* I want him to have time with his friends more often. I have always believed that just like women/moms love to have girls nights it is just as important and I believe even more so in some ways for men to have 'guy nights'. Guys need to be around guys sometimes, to be a guy. To not have to worry or think about work, or kids, or responsibilities.
* The most important thing I am going to do as his wife is pray for him daily. I want to pray for his heart, for his health, for his love. I want him to always feel Gods love through me as his wife. I truly know how blessed I am to be this mans wife and I want him to feel that everyday. He is a creative, giving, unique, crazy, handsome, smart, driven, imaginative, contagiously happy, godly man and I want him to know it and to never lose who he is, who God has created him to be. God has amazing things planned for this husband of mine, even if he doesn't know it or believe it yet! ;)
Alright, now I also want to share one of his 'new' creative things he is working on. He is a writer and has a blog I want you guys to go check out. Please, you wont regret it, I promise. READ THEM ALL!
When you go there remember to follow him (and if you ha vent follow me too :) and go to both of our facebook pages and 'like' them as well please and thank you)